Mark founded Village Real Estate Services in 1996 to provide residential sales and marketing that focused on Nashville’s urban environment to serve those who wanted alternatives to cookie-cutter houses and sprawl. Village won the 2012 Inman Award “Most Innovative Brokerage or Franchise” and has grown to include over 250 agents and staff.
Built on that success, Mark established the Village Fund, a non-profit foundation to support local and national non-profits in their work to strengthen healthy, vibrant neighbourhoods of Nashville and other cities across the country.
In addition to his role as CEO of Village, Mark continues to remain active with his real estate team, Nashville CityLiving and has topped the Nashville Business Journal’s “Book of Lists”
Mark holds an MBA in International Management, a BSc Zoology and BA Spanish.
- President of Greenways for Nashville
- Chair of Mission Advance for the Urban Land Institute in Nashville
- The Village Fund, the charitable arm of Village Real Estate Services, surpassed $1 million in donations back to our community in 2014
- Founder of Go Green Homes Services to retrofit homes for energy savings, reserving profits for Hands on Nashville
- Received the Community Service award from the Greater Nashville Association of Realtors in 2013
- Received the Sustainable Tennessee Award from the Tennessee Environmental Council in 2014
- Received the NashVitality Pioneer Award, which recognizes significant lifetime contributions and service to Healthy Community Design as it relates to Neighborhood Design and Development